Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just had a change of heart on brisket.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just had a change of heart on brisket.....

I've always got the "not so long" variety so I could keep intact when hanging. Well the last couple have been looooong and I have separated most of the point and cooked it separate. Man oh man this last one is off the chain. Cooking for a burday party. Sliced and tenderizing some more, BBQ sauce comes later. The bark has that perfect crunch.

From now on, bring on the long boys!!!!! I like to slice in half with the grain so my slices across the grain are not too long.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010107.JPG
Views:	101
Size:	169.7 KB
ID:	121587 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010108.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	160.6 KB
ID:	121588

I'm hungry right now and you have no idea how good that looks to me.

Comment

Dang that is pretty!

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

Just bought a 2-footer to cook for someone next Saturday.

Comment

Looks Perfect!!

Comment

Jerod Broussard the "Brisket King"

Comment

Jerod Broussard, Eunice's Birthday is Thursday 19 Nov 2015! Do You Deliver? 👍👍😇👍👍. Dan

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                  Jerod Broussard commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Not yet....that far.....

You made me drool on my keyboard...

Comment

Originally posted by Jerod Broussard View Post
                  Well the last couple have been looooong and I have separated most of the point and cooked it separate. Man oh man this last one is off the chain.
                  Yeah! I keep saying, separate the flat and point. It's just meat. They're different muscles that cook differently. More bark, more consistency across the cook.

Of course, I've done like three of these. But sometimes not having any preconceived notions is a good thing.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here