Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SRF brisket sale coming next week....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SRF brisket sale coming next week....

Heard it through the grapevine, a little birdie told me, etc.

Actually Shane from SRF dropped the dime at the BGE forums. Clear some room on your credit cards.

Great news!

Comment

Ooooohhhjjjjjjjjgfrfhjhggffdhgfdvhghghg

Comment

I know it's not SNF, but scored a choice angus packer for 2.58/lb at Sams today!!!!!

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Perfect. So jealous...

Not bad Dr ROK

Comment

hmmmmm, might be time to pull that Wagyu Trigger.............

Comment

What does SRFstand for? Neither abbreviation.com or acronyms.com give a definition for this acronym that relates to a grocery store and I doubt it stands for Sweish Rock Festival.

Comment

Originally posted by Hotsauce View Post
              What does SRFstand for? Neither abbreviation.com or acronyms.com give a definition for this acronym that relates to a grocery store and I doubt it stands for Sweish Rock Festival.
              (Hotsauce) Welcome to The Pit! Sorry for the confusion. It stands for Snake River Farms, an online meat retailer that offers premium steaks, roasts, briskets, etc.

We have a post dedicated to some popular barbecue acronyms here in The Pit. You can find that post here. Sometimes we forget not everyone knows them and many of us will use them regularly.

Comment

Originally posted by Hotsauce View Post
                It's not an every day purchase for most of us; I've only bought from there once. But it was truly spectacular brisket. I had a small windfall and ordered a rib roast for Christmas, you can postpone delivery up to a month.

If your perception of premium suppliers is Omaha Steaks, Snake River Farms is nothing like that at all. Omaha Steaks is marketing and perception. Snake River Farms is some of the best meat available in the United States.

Comment

Quote from the BGE forum:

I can neither confirm nor deny this rumor....

Actually, yes, I can confirm it =) Here's the deal:

Wanted to give you a heads-up that tomorrow (11/11) at 8AM we'll be having a limited time sale on briskets, while supplies last. Sign up for our emails to be notified, or just check the brisket page at 8AM (MST) tomorrow: http://www.snakeriverfarms.com/ameri...f/brisket.html ;

The deal is going to be 15% off the "buy 1" price. For you guys that typically buy 6 at a time and get the volume discount, there won't be much of a difference in price. But, if you typically buy 1-5 at a time, you'll get a good discount off of what you're used to.

This definitely isn't something we do often...and depending on the response we're not sure how long the inventory will last. So, if it's something you want to get in on, I would suggest you get your order in early!

Shane

Comment

It appears it's just the Kobe briskets on sale, the standard is still listed at $99.

EDIT: Yep, the email from them confirmed this. I was hoping the standard brisket would be reduced too. Last fall they were $69, then about a month after I bought one they went up 30 to $99. A 65% increase practically overnight was pretty crazy, even gas doesn't do that. Alas, no sale on them this go 'round.....
                    Last edited by Huskee; November 11, 2015, 11:59 AM.

Comment

But, this 10 pound piece of heaven is 100 bucks off right now:

I know this is a family friendly site so I won't mention what happened to me when I saw it other than to say BOING! If only it was earlier in the year, I don't grill much, if at all, in the winter and it's likely I'd wind up freezing at least 8 of the 10 pounds. Then come next spring my wife would throw it out when she cleans out our chest freezer. Then I'd have to divorce her. No, it's probably best that I don't buy it.

Comment

• Mosca
                        Mosca commented
                        Editing a comment
                        For me, I have to have that spinalis cap. That's what makes rib roasts and ribeyes worth eating.

• Huskee
                        Huskee commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I've been drooling over the thought of that one too. Is it wrong to fantasize over a roast?

Pulled the trigger and my wallet only groaned a little bit! Can't wait for my scheduled ship date.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here