Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overcooked brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overcooked brisket

My maverick thermometer didn't beep or I slept through it. It went to 214F internal. What should I expect?

I'd bet it'll be good and very tender. Let it rest (and cool off) before slicing. Slice thick. If it doesn't slice well, pull it.

Comment

I sure hope so lol. I'm giving it a real long rest. I turned off at 430am and just left it in oven to cambro. I'll be back this evening to deal with it.

Comment

I once did a brisket that was on heat for 24 hrs between cooking, cambro, oven, cambro, oven, etc. It was crumbly but that just meant it was so tender it wouldn't slice. Save the au jus from the foil and pour it back on, and I think you'll be quite alright, not ideal perhaps but still all right.

Comment

I have three words for you.... make some Chili!

Comment

Interested to see how it turned out, in my experience beef is more than ok at higher temps, it just depends on how long it took to get to 214.

Comment

On my Maverick ET-733's its real easy to accidentally turn off the audible alarm feature. I've done it several times by mistake. On any long cooks I double check to make sure the little icon on the front of the receiving unit shows that the alarm is activated.

Comment

If you end up taking CandySue's suggestion and pulling it, you might also consider mixing some of the fat with it, along with the juice, as per Huskee.

Comment

I would make chili with it if it doesn't turn out. Brisket chill, is unreal. My favorite in fact.

Comment

Ok so it was extra tender. The outer sections I was able to get a few slices out of, middle has to pulled. What I noticed was that the pan had A LOT more juice as normal. I guess the longer cook time pulled out more of its juices, in a bad way.

I'll have to check that alarm feature you spoke of.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here