Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Flank Steak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Flank Steak

First time giving the flank steak a go. I know it is supposed to be a cheaper cut but it has been going for $9.99/lb in my area. I recently added the cast iron griddle to my Genesis and thought I would give it a try. My Genesis does not have the sear burner so I figured the griddle would give me more sear ability for steaks. It seems to work well, but what I don't like is there is no kiss of flame or smoke coming through because of drippings. I contemplated getting the grill grates and may have to give them a try.

Not sure where the funny, no sear, circle in the middle of the steak came from. Probably a low spot from the butcher trimming. Also, I cooked it a bit more than I wanted, but I'm pretty happy with the results and the family loved the cut.

Cheers,
    Daniel

dpsphotos, Daniel, I have never grilled a Flank Steak but I am going to give it a try based on your Post & Pics! 👍👍👍👍👍. Thanks, Dan

Comment

Looks good! Grill Grates will definitely help you get a great sear while letting juices smolder for additional flavor.

Comment

I sear flank right over HOT coals til med rare at the most. Typically use an Asian marinade as well. Slice thin across the grain while slanting the carving knife 60 degrees or so. Tender as butter. And, yeah, it ain't a "cheap cut" around here either, but then nothing really is.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here