Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Petite sirloin roast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breadhead
    commented on 's reply
    Nice cook gardenfish.

• Craigar
    commented on 's reply
    Beautiful!

• gardenfish
    replied
    Wife and I liked it so much I just went and got four more @4.25# each. Last day of sale .

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    I'd be loving some sandwiches with those thin slices. Great job!

Leave a comment:

• gardenfish
    commented on 's reply
    PappyBBQ Going to break out the slicer and have more and more

• gardenfish
    commented on 's reply
    Jerod Broussard Thanks, it was really tasty and tender.
    Last edited by gardenfish; October 19, 2015, 03:10 PM.

• PappyBBQ
    replied
    Wow! That looks GREAT!! Please sir, might I have some more?

Leave a comment:

• Baker Dan
    commented on 's reply
    Perfection! Great Job.

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    Wow, down right perfect!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• gardenfish
    replied
    Came out perfect. Cut it up at 130°

Click image for larger version

Name:	20151018-_DSC2893.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	485.6 KB
ID:	116744

Name:	20151018-_DSC2899.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	380.9 KB
ID:	116745

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    Keep 'em medium-rare.

I have a sirloin tip roast to be cut up and sous vide.

Leave a comment:

• gardenfish
    replied
    Brined at noon yesterday. I just put on the rub and back into fridge for probably 4-6hrs. Smokers ready to go I will start around 1-2pm after the first game today and have a nice roast beef dinner tonight.

Name:	20151018-_DSC2891.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	573.5 KB
ID:	116523

Leave a comment:

• gardenfish
    started a topic Petite sirloin roast

Petite sirloin roast

I have four what are labeled as "Petite sirloin" roasts. They are 4# each and tied. Sale was buy 1 get 3 free. So they ended up $10 each. I assume I would smoke the same as I did with the prime rib from Meatheads directions. I am going to dry brine soon and then use the Mrs. O'Leary's Cow Crust for the rub. I will smoke at 225° with cherry and applewood, to internal 115° then sear on the Weber kettle. One end is a little thinner so it kind of looks like half of a football. I am going to see if I can tie lengthwise to make it round before cooking. I am going to do 2 and make sure all is good before I do the other two.

Want to have a nice roast beef dinner and then try the Italian beef sandwich, cheese steaks, and then just plain old roast beef subs.

Any hints or tips???? Any thoughts on adding horseradish to the rub?

Thanks, Rick

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here