Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Petite sirloin roast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Petite sirloin roast

I have four what are labeled as "Petite sirloin" roasts. They are 4# each and tied. Sale was buy 1 get 3 free. So they ended up $10 each. I assume I would smoke the same as I did with the prime rib from Meatheads directions. I am going to dry brine soon and then use the Mrs. O'Leary's Cow Crust for the rub. I will smoke at 225° with cherry and applewood, to internal 115° then sear on the Weber kettle. One end is a little thinner so it kind of looks like half of a football. I am going to see if I can tie lengthwise to make it round before cooking. I am going to do 2 and make sure all is good before I do the other two.

Want to have a nice roast beef dinner and then try the Italian beef sandwich, cheese steaks, and then just plain old roast beef subs.

Any hints or tips???? Any thoughts on adding horseradish to the rub?

Thanks, Rick

Brined at noon yesterday. I just put on the rub and back into fridge for probably 4-6hrs. Smokers ready to go I will start around 1-2pm after the first game today and have a nice roast beef dinner tonight.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20151018-_DSC2891.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	573.5 KB
ID:	116523

Comment

Keep 'em medium-rare.

I have a sirloin tip roast to be cut up and sous vide.

Comment

Came out perfect. Cut it up at 130°

Name:	20151018-_DSC2893.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	485.6 KB
ID:	116744

Name:	20151018-_DSC2899.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	380.9 KB
ID:	116745

Comment

• Baker Dan
          Baker Dan commented
          Editing a comment
          Perfection! Great Job.

• Craigar
          Craigar commented
          Editing a comment
          Beautiful!

Wow, down right perfect!!!!!

Comment

Wow! That looks GREAT!! Please sir, might I have some more?

Comment

• gardenfish
          gardenfish commented
          Editing a comment
          PappyBBQ Going to break out the slicer and have more and more

I'd be loving some sandwiches with those thin slices. Great job!

Comment

Wife and I liked it so much I just went and got four more @4.25# each. Last day of sale .

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here