Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bistro Steak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bistro Steak

Our favorite butcher had a sale last week, wanted to sell everything that wasn’t frozen before they went off on vacation. I picked up what they called a Bistro Steak. Searching the inter web seems it’s the Teres Major steak. The guy at the counter (I question his cooking knowledge, lol) said to cook it to med, no less. Looking at this thing, seems very lean, see no reason to cook it med. But perhaps it’s a bit tough, so thinking to SV it at normal med rare temps the usual steak process. Anyone have a better idea?

I have those often. Love them. Also called Petite Tender. Very similar to the filet. I just grill to medium rare and dig in. Certainly SV as you describe will work out great too.

Comment

I just picked up a bone-in ribeye. It was the only one at the store around the corner that had some of that white stuff in the muscle. All the other non-bone-in dudes might as well been grass fed fillets. I'm doing butter and olive oil (potentially counterfeit olives) in a cast iron skillet. It's pretty thin.

Comment

I get those from my local grass-fed rancher. I cook hot and fast to medium rare.

Comment

So certainly no need to cook Med! I would never do that with any decent steak!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here