Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beefy Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beefy Weekend

Grabbed a small rack of beef back ribs and a brisket, this weekend, to do a little cooking. Cooked the ribs, salt and pepper only, on my drum at 275. No wrapping needed for this one. Cranked up my offset to 325, let her settle in, and threw the brisket on. Wrapped the brisket at around 3 hours, 15.75 pounder took 5 and a half hours.

Last edited by Brisket Syndicate; October 12, 2015, 07:21 AM.

Proper! i've got leftover pulled pork with me for lunch today... but i'd rather have this waiting for me. nice job!

Comment

Nice looking ribs . I have yet to try the brisket.

Comment

Nice!!

Comment

There ought to be a Law Against Posting Pic's like this and Not Passing Any Arround! 👍👍👍👍👍. Dan

Comment

Thanks y'all!

Comment

Those look EXCELLENT.
              Beef ribs have always been my nemesis!!
              I plan on doing the research on this board and refining my technique to match what you put out.
              Guidance would be appreciated.

Comment

• Brisket Syndicate
                Brisket Syndicate commented
                Editing a comment
                I cooked these at 275, on my drum, without wrapping. I can get away without wrapping on my drum, but not on my offset. The offset usually puts too much smoke on it. I treat beef ribs very similar to brisket. I season them well ahead of time for them to go on the pit, and in the drum, let them ride until they probe tender. These probed tender at an IT of 203. Cook time was right at 3 hours.

When I do them on my offset I will wrap them when they get to a desirable color, then leave them on until they probe tender. I find that taking a simple approach to cooking beef works best for me. I try not to overthink it, which usually will cause complications. Even my comp brisket method is very simple, but effective. if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks SwampdoneyzBBQ.
              I believe I have a cooking project this weekend.Those look delicious.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here