Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My birthday meal! 🥩

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My birthday meal! 🥩

I bought a hunk o meat at Costco and made my own steaks. I got a NY Strip because I couldn’t pass up the price and everything else was about twice this price.

Sous vide to 137, cold shocked, patted dry, used melted pork fat (I bought it commercially) and used Char Crust (garlic peppercorn). I wanted surf and turf, so I got these U12-14 shrimp and made a chili lime marinade. Seared up those bad boys too.

I also made a side of brussel sprouts in the oven.
    Attached Files

Happy birthday!!!

Comment

Hope the rest of your birthday was as happy as that meal.

Comment

Happy Birthday! Happy Eating!

Comment

HBD!

Comment

Excellent! This is the only way I buy ribeye or NY strips now! And that looks wonderful!

Enjoy your birthday!

Comment

Now that's a Happy Meal!

Comment

A prefectly great meal spoiled by little green things. But it's your b'day so you get to pick!

Comment

Well happy birthday to you ya old coot!

Comment

Yup. That’s it. 👍

Comment

Happy birthday!

Comment

Happy Birthday!

Comment

Happy Birthday, that is a pretty fantastic looking birthday meal!

Comment

Great looking dinner, Happy Birthday

Comment

Happy Birthday, Amigo!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here