Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone doing QVQ for their standing rib roast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone doing QVQ for their standing rib roast

Anyone doing QVQ for their standing rib roast? If so what will your procedure be? How long or to what temp on the first Q, what type of smoke wood? Etc.
    Last edited by wrgilb; December 23, 2021, 05:34 PM.

Nope.

Comment

Nah. It's frozen so it's going straight to the hot end of the pellet where I plan to run 200-ish. The grill grates can perform searing on the gasser.

It's smothered in Tony's and is a smaller version of what was removed from wolly world one fall evening.

Comment

Nope. But there’s a SVQ Chateaubriand in the works this year.

Comment

Should work. But I have yet to try sous vide on my Insta-pot.
          I may have too soon but on a cheaper cut of meat for learning.
          Thanks for the reminder.

Comment

I am. I got a USDA Prime 17.3 pounder and removed the ribs (for later except one for the gravy) and a lot of the exterior fat (for later). Dry brined overnight. In at 132F with sprigs of rosemary for probably 7 hours maybe closer to 8. This is a big one. Will remove and go straight to dry it off, rub exterior (alchemistfirebq.com Power Word Grill) and sear over hot coals. Made a sour cream/horseradish/lemon juice/chives/dash of cayenne mix and will take bag juices, beef broth and cook those down for an au jus.

Bonus: i took all the bits of meat that got carved off in the trimming and tossed them in a frying pan with some salt and pepper. Wow that was good.

Comment

And… well it is redder than this…Click image for larger version  Name:	72C2FD76-1E31-4B8E-A23A-7078960CBBED.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	4.49 MB ID:	1148097
              Last edited by fracmeister; December 24, 2021, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Did you say you cooked that AT 132F for 8h???

Comment

• pkadare
                  pkadare commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's what he said. Why? Do you see that as a problem?

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here