Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What goes good with eye of round?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smokin fool
    replied
    We've done a buncha eyes of the round and agree thinly sliced is the way to go.
    Not too thin, in my case 3/16 to a quarter as I don't have a slicer.
    If you can save the au jus perfect, for those who want it but I let the meat stand on its own when serving.
    Horse radish or mustard as side will be on the table but rarely touched here.

Leave a comment:

• Joey877
    replied
    I've done eye of round countless times, but due to family demand it always gets thinly sliced on the meat slicer and turned into phillies, chicago beef, or french dip. Sometimes all three.

Leave a comment:

• bbqLuv
    commented on 's reply
    😁
    You got that right

• jitsntricks
    commented on 's reply
    True! PBRs go well with just about everything.

• jitsntricks
    commented on 's reply
    Interesting. Kind of looks like a chimichurry to me. Thanks for the tip, I might try that. I was sort of thinking of a creamy horseradish type sauce that a lot of people have with prime rib.

• efincoop
    replied
    Can't go wrong with garlic mashed potatoes and red wine

Leave a comment:

• Greygoose
    replied
    PBR’s

Leave a comment:

• grezs
    replied
    Make some persillade sauce to brighten everything.

Leave a comment:

• jitsntricks
    started a topic What goes good with eye of round?

What goes good with eye of round?

Hey all,
    Just curious if anyone here smokes eye of round and if so, what do you serve with it? I've used it before as just steak or to put in other dishes but want to make something nice to go with it for Christmas dinner. Prime rib is a bit pricey this year so my family isn't making that and just sticking with a spiral ham. I was thinking maybe of smoking a 7-ish pound eye of round roast since it's kind of close to tri tip texture and I've got a lot of experience with smoking tri tip. I was thinking of slicing it thinly and serving it with some brown gravy maybe or some sort of au jus. What do you all think?

Any input is welcome!

Thanks.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here