Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Packer Brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greygoose View Post
    espresso and a nice glass of sambuca to top everything off ?
    Husband's family so..........

Tequila.

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Gotta hand it to ya…..yer fittin’ in here with this group jus fine ma’am.

Everyone enjoyed the brisket,

except me. IMO, it was dry. Sides we're good.

Thanks everyone for the help!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ratherfly; December 18, 2021, 04:10 PM.

Comment

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      We're always our own worst critics. Taste it again tomorrow and see what you think.

Kathryn

• Draznnl
      Draznnl commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome to the club. You're now an Experienced Brisket Cook. Congratulations.

That looks good from here. Like everyone else said, we are our own worst critics.

• Clark
      Clark commented
      Editing a comment
      Ratherfly Looks great! Glad it turned out so well and your guests all enjoyed it. Hopefully, you kept notes on how you cooked it and times, temps, etc. so you can repeat.

Looking good and feeling groovy.
    family and friends' smiles make, the reward, You Done Good.

Comment

The reason for this holiday get-together was to get the family together as a wish for my husband's aunt who was recently diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer. May have added a tad to my stress level. Know what? She was absolutely thrilled. Mission accomplished. I will try the leftovers today, not that there were that many.

I think my next new recipe to me will be pork belly. Off to research!

Comment

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        Glad you made this get-together special for her!

Two things to do with pork belly, or at least the two things I do:

1. Bacon!
        2. Pork belly burnt ends - always a hit.

• STEbbq
        STEbbq commented
        Editing a comment
        Gotta second pork belly burnt ends. They are amazing!

I am hoping to make some pork belly tacos soon so we will see.

Good on you,,,,,
      Ur all in on the BBQ mission !!!!

Comment

Congrats! I have yet to try my first brisket, so I have enjoyed this thread very much. Very sorry to hear about your husband's aunt's diagnosis, and you did a WONDERFUL thing to make that meal in her honor! Good for you.

Comment

Thanks, everyone. I'm leaning towards burnt ends. I'm doing a prime rib for Christmas, debating if I should smoke it or do it in the oven. At this point, I'm planning on the oven unless I"m convinced otherwise.

Comment

• jfmorris
            jfmorris commented
            Editing a comment
            Use the smoker to save space for sides in the oven...

Click image for larger version

Name:	F38D97B5-19A1-4E68-8FD5-E2AE3358EFD3.jpeg
Views:	138
Size:	220.6 KB
ID:	1144834 Click image for larger version

Name:	CB37E8A3-540C-4B68-9E60-BBF416FF57F9.jpeg
Views:	146
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	1144833 Click image for larger version

Name:	986B3160-4D4A-4AD4-A565-EA62A2476555.jpeg
Views:	162
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	1144832 A smoked Prime Rib is something special. Here’s one I did last year. So good. Just sayin’.

Comment

• Rfhd69
            Rfhd69 commented
            Editing a comment
            That looks amazing!

Looks delicious!

Comment

We're sticking with the oven, I'm not yet ready for prime (rib) time to do the holiday meal (started my "pit" career only last July), and my lovely bride, Queen of the Kitchen that she is, crushes this meal. I'll practice a couple of times between now and next year, and maybe give it a go then in the smoker

Comment

That's my fear. I *know* how to do it in the oven and am concerned about messing up a holiday meal. (Plus it's predicted to be raining here on Saturday. Not interested in going outside and getting wet on Christmas.

Comment

• fzxdoc
                fzxdoc commented
                Editing a comment
                Good call.

Kathryn

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here