Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ideas for beef short ribs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ideas for beef short ribs?

I have a decent amount of short ribs in my freezer and want to smoke them. Anyone have any good suggestions on making amazing beef short ribs?

I like to mix and match. Go ahead and smoke them w BBBR and salt for about 6 hours. Then remove the bone and slice over polenta. Maybe a little broccoli rabe. MMMM

If you feel you need a sauce, maybe a bourbon pepper cream.

Chef John for the polenta and sauce
    Last edited by JCBBQ; December 10, 2021, 06:10 PM.

Comment

• Tylerss
      Tylerss commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds delicious!

I like to keep it simple with beef ribs. They’re my favorite bbq and I do them often. Just dry brine with salt overnight then hit generously with BBBR just before going on the smoker. Cook at 250-275 until they probe like butter. About 6-8 hours. Then rest in a faux cambro for two more hours. Maybe a little bbq sauce on the side and sweet & sour slaw to help cut the richness of the beef. Yum.
    Last edited by Jfrosty27; December 10, 2021, 07:18 PM.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Firebase Bonedaddy copies, out.

Gots me 6 racks Creekstone Prime Black Angus racks in th Deep Freeze, 4 new ones in th Icebox, starin me down, as they's thawed, an dry agin... whimperin em fer some Hickory, an Lovin...

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      Dang Mr. Bones Sounds like you got the market on them there beef ribs.
      Just between you and me. 😁

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, Brother Steve B ...reckon, I can currently say, with Full Disclosure, an Honest Revealment, that I am Not Currently Out of Creekstone Prime Black Angus Beef Ribs...

Oh, an it even gits better...

Great advice above….

I too love short ribs and have tried all kinds of rub/sauce combos. I have lately just stuck with SPG and a vinegar based bbq sauce on side. Just a quick splash is good for me. Beef ribs are rich and need the acid to cut through that fat.

My second favorite rub is out of Chris Lilly’s 1st cookbook, p.200.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Agreed I love th Vinegar based, Brother! Kinda hot, like

Mine's always to th side, no glaze, or summat... to each, they own.

Might try it, Someday...

Fer now, workys, jus fine...
      Last edited by Mr. Bones; December 10, 2021, 11:12 PM.

All of these sound good! I’ll have to get some more and try the different variety!

Comment

I just use the rub I have for brisket, remove the membrane from the back and smoke them for about 5 hrs. at 250 or so, wrap and cook to 198. Love them. If this post seems disjointed blame the Buffalo Trace

Comment

• Steve B
        Steve B commented
        Editing a comment
        🤣🤣🤣

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Buffalo Trace? Jealous!

Hail, ain't mebbe every 6 months I can score me a .750, round these parts... One my Favourite Sippers...

Just SPG & cook 'em 'til they jiggle is my go to

Comment

Make pastrami ribs….amazing!!!

Comment

• Rob whatever
          Rob whatever commented
          Editing a comment
          What do you serve then with?

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          A little Chianti and some fava beans……😋

• Tylerss
          Tylerss commented
          Editing a comment
          Sounds good! I have never made pastrami before

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here