Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ideas for beef short ribs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• au4stree
    replied
    Great advice above….

I too love short ribs and have tried all kinds of rub/sauce combos. I have lately just stuck with SPG and a vinegar based bbq sauce on side. Just a quick splash is good for me. Beef ribs are rich and need the acid to cut through that fat.

My second favorite rub is out of Chris Lilly’s 1st cookbook, p.200.

Leave a comment:

• bbqLuv
    commented on 's reply
    Ditto,

• DaveD
    commented on 's reply
    Can't go wrong with this advice.

• Jfrosty27
    replied
    I like to keep it simple with beef ribs. They’re my favorite bbq and I do them often. Just dry brine with salt overnight then hit generously with BBBR just before going on the smoker. Cook at 250-275 until they probe like butter. About 6-8 hours. Then rest in a faux cambro for two more hours. Maybe a little bbq sauce on the side and sweet & sour slaw to help cut the richness of the beef. Yum.
    Last edited by Jfrosty27; December 10, 2021, 07:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JCBBQ
    replied
    I like to mix and match. Go ahead and smoke them w BBBR and salt for about 6 hours. Then remove the bone and slice over polenta. Maybe a little broccoli rabe. MMMM

If you feel you need a sauce, maybe a bourbon pepper cream.

Chef John for the polenta and sauce
    Last edited by JCBBQ; December 10, 2021, 06:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Tylerss
    started a topic Ideas for beef short ribs?

Ideas for beef short ribs?

I have a decent amount of short ribs in my freezer and want to smoke them. Anyone have any good suggestions on making amazing beef short ribs?

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here