Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas Beef Brisket Success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas Beef Brisket Success

I followed the recipe and pulled off, in my opinion some of the best brisket I've ever had! Thank you Amazing Ribs! The only thing I would change is cutting back a bit on the rub. I made up a batch of the "Big Bad Rub" and the brisket was just a bit on the heavy on the pepper side. I "crutched" it so I didn't get the bark I wanted but will work on that. I've tried a number of the recipes and the techniques I've learned here and have not had a bad meal yet. Thanks for all the advice all!

Congrats, true Texas brisket has entirely too much pepper to me too, I use maybe an 1/8th of the total in black pepper and an 1/8th in white pepper.

Comment

Draugo26, Good Job! Trial and Error makes for Perfection! Dan

Comment

I would like to know how to use the Texas Crutch and still have a good bark. I have tried crisping it up using the oven broiler right before slicing and after resting in the faux cambro but it seemed to dry the brisket out a bit. That would seem to me to be the time to do it though. I also am unsure if I should be crutching in foil or butcher paper or does it matter? I love the recipes and the techniques that I have picked up on Amazing Ribs. I have not tried anything that I have not been pleased with. I might should have started a new thread, but your experience seems to be similar to mine. I love the way my briskets come out, I would just like a better bark.

Comment

Well, I have to chime in here. I did my first Brisket last week. And I hate to admit it (but I will) I didn't use the Amazing Rib Website. I went with Aaron Franklin's recipe and watched most of his stuff on YouTube. I did the salt and pepper and I pretty much followed the recipe to a "t". I did not crutch. It was a fourteen hour cook and then I let it rest in foil in a cooler for about an hour and a half. It turned out really, really good, great bark, great flavor. I had my daughter and her husband in from Texas and they are pretty knowledgeable about brisket since they work at a packing house and have had a lot of TX brisket. They were very surprised that this was my first one. I also got the highest praise imaginable: my 8 year old grandson told me that it was the best meat he had ever tasted! Pretty high praise, indeed. Now if I can just keep my streak going.....

Comment

Like Gunderich, I have gravitated toward the Franklin rub and smoking method. Great flavor and almost always get a near perfect bark. I strictly use butcher paper for wrapping and "sort of" crutching. It gets wrapped a few hours in when I am in the stall and I leave the butcher paper when going into the faux cambro. I am going to guess the foil will possibly "soften" the bark a bit...either way, the meat turns out fantastic! I am doing one this weekend and will try to remember to take pics along the way.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here