Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beef Jerky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beef Jerky

Im new to making jerky. Looking for advice on cuts of meat? Marinades? Techniques? Thanks Guys!!

BadBrad4Life, I have never made Jerky personally, but I watched my Dad make it several times. He used coarse ground beef or venison properly seasoned, and a jerky shooter to lay the strips on dehydrator trays or oven racks to dry down! I would think that low and slow in a smoker would also work? Sorry I am not much help, just enough to get you in trouble. I'll bet the cavalry is on the way! Hang On, Dan

Comment

• BadBrad4Life
      BadBrad4Life commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank You!!

Good read here and...

If you like beef jerky then you will love these three easy to follow methods for making your own flavorful home made beef jerky. Skip the expensive prepared beef jerky that is full of unnecessary additives and preservative and follow this recipe for making healthier, nutritionally rich BBQ beef jerky at home.

Comment

• BadBrad4Life
      BadBrad4Life commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks alot!! Good info!!

I use eye of round. You can also use flank steak. My favorite marinade if Teriyaki, Kikkoman is fine. I marinated over night, then smoke at 225 F, until its the way you like it. Seriously just open the lid and see if its done enough for you.

Also here is my man T-Roy. He does a great job and his videos are fun too.

Comment

• BadBrad4Life
      BadBrad4Life commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks alot.....good videos!!

I've made it when I wasn't trying to.

Comment

• BadBrad4Life
      BadBrad4Life commented
      Editing a comment
      So have I my friend!!

• x101airborne
      x101airborne commented
      Editing a comment
      Huh. I thought I was the only one....

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here