Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some Good News On The Brisket Front…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some Good News On The Brisket Front…

I just got back from Costco, and prime brisket is down to $4.19/lb. I know someone will come along and say "it was $1.99 at HEB last week", but this is big news in Chicagoland. I can’t remember the last time I paid less than $4.99/lb. BTW, I didn’t buy this or any other brisket today, it was just the one that was front and center.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Sid P; November 17, 2021, 03:42 PM. Reason: Clarification.

24 lbs!!!! Good lord man, are you feeding a rodeo? FireMan knows

Comment

• Sid P
      Sid P commented
      Editing a comment
      ecowper No, that was the easiest pic. I didn’t need one today, but I always check the price.

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      A few years back, I was laying out meat for a summer BBQ (a lot of meat). My daughter was helping and she exclaimed "what? Are you cooking for a rodeo???" ... which I shared with the Pit .... and it's been a running joke between FireMan and I ever since. :-)

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Rodeo? Someone say rodeo? There gotta be a pony here somewhere!

A step in the right direction for sure….

Comment

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Step? Ya gotta watch yer step when there’s a rodeo goin on, yessir.

Good to hear. I think it was $5.49 for Prime for me last week, $4.69 for Choice. And yeah, that there's a biggun, good thing you left it.

Comment

Good to know. I live a mile outside of Chicago and was a planning on a Costco run tonight…..but now I don’t think I need too.

Comment

Good deal. BTW - $5.00/lb at HEB so your Costco beat us (this time)

Comment

Good to know! Good job I was able to sneak in the Click purchases when brisket was expensive!

Comment

It was $1.99 lb last week at HEB.
            Last edited by Panhead John; November 17, 2021, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Checked th Dillons (Kroger) ad at lunch; $5.99/ fer choice packers, $7.49/ fer flats or points.
              Havedta hit th Hyvee, an Checkers ads, see whattup, afore rollin like dat...^

Comment

• Richard Chrz
                Richard Chrz commented
                Editing a comment
                Same here in Wi

Hmmm gonna have to swing by Sams tomorrow... I wonder if the wife will let me borrow her car, I know even if I park in the furthest corner of the largest parking lot in our town someone is gonna door ding me there lol.

Comment

Yeah. I was in Costco today and prime brisket was $4.79 a pound! Unfortunately, they only had two monster 21 pound babies so I had to pass for now. I guess the brisket shortage is over!

Comment

I paid $4.89 a pound for a prime 10 pounder at Costco in Sarasota today.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here