Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Different ways to eat a Chuck roast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different ways to eat a Chuck roast

We have two getting ready for today. First time we had pulled beef sandwiches , then next with kc style bbq sauce, and then we had the beef with green peppers/onions, cream cheese and provolone cheese as cheesesteak sliders. How would you serve as a dinner?

Buffet Style, Comi'n Get It Before It's Gone! Dan

Comment

We have done tacos/burritos, philly steak & cheese sammies, nachos, and omelets...all incredible with smokey pulled beef. Not tried yet but want to is stew, chili, and pot pies.

Comment

Huskee I want to try chili and posted in the chuck sticky on what temp to stop at for chile chunks. any ideas? First one is pulled at 207° and second is now 201°.

Comment

Originally posted by gardenfish View Post
          Huskee I want to try chili and posted in the chuck sticky on what temp to stop at for chile chunks. any ideas? First one is pulled at 207° and second is now 201°.
          gardenfish My educated guess is if you want slices/chunks and not shreds, pull your 201 out now and cut up, no cambro hold.

Comment

• gardenfish
            gardenfish commented
            Editing a comment
            Just pulled it at 205°. I will not cambro and see what happens. Thank you.

Dude, Kroger has chuck roast and chuck steaks for $2.49. So this post is way timely!

I put 2 chuck steaks on the smoker at 250, along with the #WhoDatRibs that went on a couple hours before. Can't wait to give them a taste in a little bit!

Comment

• gardenfish
            gardenfish commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice. Just bought mine on sale also. I'm trying to decide which I like better......pulled pork or pulled beef. So far though I am leaning pulled pork.

Post some pictures or your chucks. We would all love to see them. Mine just finished and we are just thinking about how to eat one .

• PaulstheRibList
            PaulstheRibList commented
            Editing a comment
            They were 3/4 inch thick steaks, and they were a bit overcooked by the time I got around to checking. One of the parts of the chuck was nice, the other parts (most of it) was tough. I am happy to learn!

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here