Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brisket point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brisket point

I’m looking to buy just a brisket point or two, our local stores will definitely not have this. So hoping to get a suggestion or two on which online you would source this from?

This is a great question. I often see brisket FLATS for sale here, as well as full packers, but the only point I've ever seen sold standalone here are some of the corned beef brisket points they have around St. Patrick's day in all the grocery stores.

So you have to wonder where all the points went on the brisket flats they sell at Sam's and Costco... ground into hamburger meat?

Comment

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      Jim, our Sam’s club told me that people do not want points, they want the flat… I sat there in disbelief.

• STEbbq
      STEbbq commented
      Editing a comment
      My Costco told me they use the point for their brisket sandwiches. Of course, they do not offer brisket sandwiches anymore so who knows.

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Richard Chrz That reminds me of when a Costco butcher told me people didn't want to buy whole tri-tips and that wanted then them presliced into steaks. I call BS.

Creekstone Farms had brisket points recently, and on special. However, they seem to be out of stock now. Just need to keep checking as their inventory turns over a lot. I've been uniformly happy with their meat and customer service.

Comment

Just do what I almost always do these days. Just buy a whole packer, separate the point from the flat. Cook the point as you would normally like to do then corn the flat and turn it into either corned beef or pastrami. I'm going to be doing one this month myself in that same manner.

Comment

Richard Chrz Have you tried the local butcher shops? I have one that always has points available, since many folks just want the flats.

Comment

I’d also buy a packer and split it myself.

Comment

I have gotten just the point from a butcher shop.

Comment

Some while ago, I did a search for on-line brisket points, saved links to 3:
              Providing a wide selection of fresh meats, and some of the best home-smoked product you will ever taste. Order Now!

US Wellness Meats’ Beef Brisket Point is a delicacy for home or commercial chefs looking for extra intramuscular fat in the sacred art of producing brisket 'burnt ends'. The high fat content opens the door for new culinary creations. Brisket Points will average 2.25 pounds. All of US Wellness Meats' beef products are 1

Australian Kobe Beef Briskets for sale in bulk. Available whole or in flat or point cuts. Perfect for feeding a crowd at a party!

I never used any of them as they are all very expensive ($15/pound or so plus shipping)

I do what Troutman suggested, get a whole packer, 15 pounds or so for $4/pound if you look around. I've kept notes on 10-12 briskets where I separated the point and flat, generally 1/4 point, 1/2 flat, and 1/4 trim. So, if you only count the point it costs about $16 a pound and the flat (corned beef, pastrami, ground beef, etc) is free.

Comment

In Texas, we are lucky to be able to buy these at HEB stores. But price/lb is higher than buying a whole packer at Costco, and you are getting a lot less meat.

H-E-B Beef Brisket Market Trimmed Point Cut - Shop Meat at H-E-B (heb.com)

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here