Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fried brisket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fried brisket?

Ya’ll have to take a look at Guga Foods on YouTube. He does a Nashville Fried Hot Brisket w/Bread. This’ll trip someones trigger.
    Last edited by FireMan; November 2, 2021, 09:03 PM.

Does he fry it low and slow?

Comment

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Check it out. It looks pretty amazing.

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      FireMan - it does look pretty good for sure...

I can't YouTube on my work computer, but this link should be what our esteemed friend is referring to.

Comment

Better than when he microwaved one.

Comment

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        That still cracks me up.

• DogFaced PonySoldier
        DogFaced PonySoldier commented
        Editing a comment
        Better than when he did one sous vide for a MONTH!

Comment

• Stuey1515
        Stuey1515 commented
        Editing a comment
        Gonna have to try this once I get my Brisket wings, thanks mate

Beddie Bye Time, but will check it out later...
      Guga is an absolute Hoot!!!

Thanks, Brother!

Comment

This post doesn't belong here. This is recipes only. Just sayin'.

Comment

I would eat that!

I gotta wonder if you would do better to smoke the brisket, then coat individual slices or cubes in the batter and season. I'm thinking like brisket burnt end sized chunks, but battered, fried and coated in the Nashville Hot seasonings.

Comment

• DogFaced PonySoldier
            Editing a comment
            This was definitely my thought on the matter. I don't think doing the whole thing is the way to go, but, battering and throwing a quick fry on some cubes or slices might be fantastic!

• tstalafuse
            tstalafuse commented
            Editing a comment
            I am thinking once it is smoked, and then slice to make chicken fried steak...

Very Interesting, Guga and friends did a nice review, but if it was hot for them . . . I think I will go pepper-less.

Comment

I wonder what it would be like if he fried (thick?) slices instead of the whole brisket? In addition to being cumbersome to fry, you only get the crust on the outside and then, once sliced, you are only getting s small amount of the crust. Thoughts????

Comment

• jfmorris
              jfmorris commented
              Editing a comment
              That was my thought as well. I would rather do it in slices or chunks (like burnt ends) for the battering and frying.

I did notice that Harry Soo had a vid on Chicken fried Brisket. Interesting.

Comment

• DogFaced PonySoldier
              Editing a comment
              I needa check that one out, too.

• RonB
              RonB commented
              Editing a comment
              So how do you train a chicken to fry a brisket?

• FireMan
              FireMan commented
              Editing a comment
              RonB you treat the bird with kindness & call it: " here chickie, chickie, chickie. We got some beefussess to cook to save yer little butt". And they come runnin in a hurry cuz they live another day, providing they don’t splash some hot oil on themselves.

Generally speaking I like Guga, the guy cracks me up. But forget trying to re-invent the brisket wheel, too much mess for a big greasy result.

Comment

I’d eat if fer sure,,,,

Comment

• FireMan
                FireMan commented
                Editing a comment
                You would, cuz by the looks of things, yer a goose & you wouldn’t be cooked.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here