Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Redneck sous vide tri tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Redneck sous vide tri tip

Came home today and wanted some beef. All we had was some triptip I had bought on sale and sliced up into smaller portions, around 8-6 oz portions. I am usually cooking for two these days.

Dropped the vacuum sealed frozen pack with two pieces in 120 degree tap water, warmed it to 131 and watched it with my ink bird for about 1 1/2 hours. Kept it right at 131-132.

Put a cast iron griddle on the Weber while carmelizing some Brussels sprouts, and had some russets in the instant pot.

Seared the tri-tip on a Lodge griddle pan on the Weber, running as hot as it would go.

Everything came out great. Cooking smaller portions of tri-tip is working very well, I’m not a huge leftover fan and find that you can cook up a chunk just as well as an entire tri-tip, almost better as you get more sear. Again, cut steaks along the grain then slice them against the grain for best results.

I guess the main point is if you want to try sous vide, and you do, you can without buying any gear. I highly recommend it . I’m ordering one tomorrow.

Absolutely! I used to do it that way quite often, before I got my sous vide. It works just as well, if you watch your temps.

Congrats!

Comment

Nicely Done!
      News of this jus reached my particular part of th Hills...

Comment

Sounds good. Nice post.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here