Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More pulled beef: Petite Roast aka Flat Iron Roast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ordered mine last night. After seeing Huskee's pulled beef results vs mine I figured I have to have one. Mine was good but no where near as juicy as Huskee's. Yes, it could have been the cut of meat but I might as well cover all my bases. Assuming it arrives before next weekend a slow 'n seared pulled pork could be in my near future.

Comment

Originally posted by ribeyeguy View Post
      I ordered mine last night. After seeing Huskee's pulled beef results vs mine I figured I have to have one. Mine was good but no where near as juicy as Huskee's. Yes, it could have been the cut of meat but I might as well cover all my bases. Assuming it arrives before next weekend a slow 'n seared pulled pork could be in my near future.
      Thank you sir, that's high praise. Those particular cuts of meat are premium pulled beef stock. My guess is they're probably one of those things, like tri-tip, that some places don't know about and cut up for something else. On that note, tri-tip does not exist in my neck of the woods. But these do, so win some lose some.

I suggest finding a thick, boxy chuck roast with the best marbling you can find....and give it loooottttts of time. The more fat rendering, the juicier. Many chuck roasts where I shop are thinner, like an enormous steak. I like boxy ones, personal preference.

You'll love the SnS! It makes meat that's 'stickburner good' with so little effort.

Comment

DAY-AM that looks good!! I'm drooling buckets and I'm old enuf that my co-workers are beginning to wonder if I've had a stroke!

Comment

PappyBBQ If you like the looks of that, wait till you smell them when you start pulling it! There aren't words to describe it, really... talk about drooling wow...

Like the BBQ Pit Boys say... it smells GUUUUUD!

Comment

• PappyBBQ
            PappyBBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep! I've done several now thanks to you Mr. smarkley and they are the BOMB. In fact I'm going to fire one up this weekend! I also like whole beef short ribs (monster bones with meat 2 inches thick on em grabbed before the butcher cuts them into the short bone segments they typically sell as) and beef back ribs freshly cut from the prime rib. Me, I take pulled beef every day over pulled pork and I really like pulled pork. Biggest problem I face every weekend is, "now what do I want to smoke this weekend". It's always a battle 'cause I like so many dang things! So much to smoke, so little time!

• smarkley
            smarkley commented
            Editing a comment
            hahaha... thanks!

Yeah I am the same way, I start thinking about what to Smoke this weekend, about Wednesday LOL... sometimes I think about it all week! Hahahaha

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here