Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sunday chili

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday chili

Just started a smoke on a 15 lb brisket for brisket point Texas red chili on Sunday. By no means is this my favorite cook, but, every now and then y9u need to go next level on chili! The chili cook off I won 2 years go with this recipe got cancelled last year and again this year. So, doing it for myself.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	14230051-3927-469D-9074-955966105B08.jpeg Views:	9 Size:	5.13 MB ID:	1103701

Click image for larger version

Name:	4511ABE3-E7C9-4205-9E66-459C25954FA7.jpeg
Views:	211
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	1103736
    Last edited by Richard Chrz; October 1, 2021, 09:25 PM.

Well, by all means! And you have some good company there with you….that Oktoberfest looks rather delicious!

Comment

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      It is really a beautiful Marzen. Color, clarity, flavor. Typically a Marzen turns me to a different beer right away, but, always try it during Oktoberfest. This is one of the better examples I have had. Prosit!

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      Agreed, having a hard time finding Oktoberfest brews around here this year.

Beautiful glass of chili to warm your tummy don't ya know. Looks a little thin just the way I like it.

Comment

Hit the 20 hour mark, and now holding and into resting for another 4 hours.. Also some smoked passila peppers, and. Home brew if tripple.

Name:	B0B48D9D-807C-46F3-B394-F3A732280952.jpeg
Views:	219
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	1103986

Name:	C91B72DF-3E60-4C07-9233-6E93D0F38D45.jpeg
Views:	219
Size:	380.4 KB
ID:	1103987

Name:	9B995C72-5D55-4BD1-BA7B-06589888D22C.jpeg
Views:	217
Size:	224.1 KB
ID:	1103985

Comment

• bbqLuv
        bbqLuv commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't understand. The glass is still there, appears to be untouched, containing the same amount of beverage from the night before?

That is one good looking brewski. I am going to.look for that

Comment

I don't remember who posted a recipe here months ago for a Texas red chili, but it was life changing for me. I made it the first time with smoked brisket point and some of the flat to make up the volume I wanted. Fantastic.

Comment

My Texas red is getting closer…

Name:	B90BF0EB-CF95-49B5-825B-F67FD6814179.jpeg
Views:	188
Size:	217.9 KB
ID:	1104577

Comment

• Richard Chrz
            Richard Chrz commented
            Editing a comment
            Backroadmeats thank you for the kind words, and yes absolutely I will share what I understand about this cook so far.

• Richard Chrz
            Richard Chrz commented
            Editing a comment
            Also, she sounds like the perfect neighbor! Ink gyving some of this to a neighbor, as he helped me cut some wood for my smoke. I have cooked for his firehouse before as well. Bbq has become my currency. Lol

• fzxdoc
            fzxdoc commented
            Editing a comment
            Wait...I'm just getting my spoon...

Kathryn

Name:	530141DB-4E1A-41C1-9FE8-F424748EA478.jpeg
Views:	178
Size:	187.3 KB
ID:	1104639

Comment

• bbqLuv
            bbqLuv commented
            Editing a comment
            Holy Moly, That looks fantastic. I would pair that with some of the crusty bread you bake.

Soup time of the year, indeed. The wife made an Insta-pot full of soup that was very good and the next day it was better than the first.

• klflowers
            klflowers commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow. That's all I got.

Yum. Wish I was there. That looks fantastic.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here