Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frozen brisket on the smokefire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frozen brisket on the smokefire

This morning I had a puking kid so no school for her. We went out to the locker and put a couple breakfast patties on the grill for breakfast when I spotted a brisket I have been meaning to cook. So I grabbed it and threw it on the smokefire to see how this will go. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210924_085027_hdr.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	1099759 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210924_085127.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	1099760 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210924_085223_hdr.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	1099761 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210924_090409_hdr.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	1099762

Untrimmed, au naturale and all? Nice.

Comment

• Backroadmeats
      Backroadmeats commented
      Editing a comment
      I would have trimmed it a little but it was Frozen. You would be amazed at the number of prime brisket I grind into burger. So sad

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe trim before freezing in the future?

Should work out just fine.
    glitchy put up a post on cooking from frozen months ago and got me doing it too with great results

Comment

• STEbbq
      STEbbq commented
      Editing a comment
      Where is that glitchy post?

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      STEbbq he posted this some time ago probably 2 years ago so it’s buried somewhere in the archives

• STEbbq
      STEbbq commented
      Editing a comment
      🤷‍♀️

Almost done!! Man this thing smells good!! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210924_165635.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	164.9 KB
ID:	1099788

Comment

No drip pan, you’re a brave man. What temp did you cook at for that fast of a cook?

Comment

• Backroadmeats
        Backroadmeats commented
        Editing a comment
        275-310. I have yet to have a grease fire and we cook hamburgers and brat patties daily.. couple of flare up but nothing worse the a Weber charcoal grill

• glitchy
        glitchy commented
        Editing a comment
        Backroadmeats I never worried about it grilling at high temps, but did have a low and slow cook that ended up with grease sitting in the bottom as the grease and ash mixed and started to clog the drain holes. Luckily it didn’t light up, but always used pans on butts, briskets, etc. after that.

Let me see if I understand this correctly, your child was home from school today, so like a good parent, you fixed breakfast and brisket for dinner. Oh my.
      You are due the "Good Patent PBR Award".

Comment

• Backroadmeats
        Backroadmeats commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't know about that she slept in two office chairs pushed together.. she is still a little peanut!! Poor kid was to sick to eat any of it.

• bbqLuv
        bbqLuv commented
        Editing a comment
        Wish her a fast recovery.

Apparently I forgot to shut off the fireboard.. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210924-200917.png
Views:	153
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	1099879 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210924-200925.png
Views:	148
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	1099880

Comment

Looks great Backroadmeats ! Thanks for the post.

Comment

Interesting. Thanks!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here