Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sunday afternoon chuckies on the WSM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday afternoon chuckies on the WSM

Been talking about putting some chuck roasts on the cooker for some time now and finally did it. About 5.5 pounds of roasts, some Montreal Steak seasoning and the WSM running steady at 235. I put the roasts in an aluminum pan for the last hour or so, jacked the temp to 275 and pulled at 201 internal.

They could have gone a little longer but were mostly excellent!

Click image for larger version

Name:	chuckie_026r.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	10991

About three hours in. If you're wondering about the over thermometer,
    I was having trouble with the Redi-Chek and threw it on for backup. I
    just had to run the probe a little differently under the hood and then it
    was good.

Name:	chuckie_032r.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	10992

After cooking in the pan. Delicious juices...

Name:	chuckie_037r.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	10993

A smoke ring worthy of display:

Name:	chuckie_039r.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	10994

Corn on the cob with smoked salt:

Name:	chuckie_044r.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	10995

A fun day!!

Poor man's brisket! I've been meaning to do that same thing, looks excellent! All I've ever ended up doing was pulled beef...but as good as it was I haven't gotten back to trying a PMB.

GREAT job on posting your pics, Iron! Your smoke ring picture looks like it belongs in a cook book, SUPER job!

Comment

WOW! I could so get into that! WTG

Comment

Thanks, guys! Huskee, I was leaning towards pulling it but the wife prefers it sliced. A happy wife is a happy home! (Hmmm, maybe that should go on the quotes thread.)

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          That's right my man, you need her supporting your hobby!

You inspired me IQ. Grabed a sweet little 3+ pounder today. I cant wait to try this.

Comment

I missed this one. Awesome cook!

Name:	PBA.png
Views:	111
Size:	247.6 KB
ID:	14529

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here