Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chuck Yeah!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murdy
    replied
    We do chuck a pretty frequently. Never disappointed with it. It's so economical, since you can purchase it cut to smaller quantities, and there's less waste from trimming.

Leave a comment:

• Elton's BBQ
    commented on 's reply
    I'm using meatglue Steve R. 😆
    Last edited by Elton's BBQ; September 21, 2021, 07:50 AM.

• Steve R.
    commented on 's reply
    I'm curious how you got all that ground beef formed into a solid chuck roast. Great work!

• bbqLuv
    commented on 's reply
    PBC, PBC, PBC! and now PBR !!!

• DavidNorcross
    replied
    Love pulled chuck sandwiches! I am like others if I have a choice between a chuckie and a brisket, I really think I would pick the chuck.

Leave a comment:

• Jim White
    replied
    This post is chucked up.

And I'm going to chuck myself soon, you don't need to tell me.

Leave a comment:

• StrikeBBQ
    replied
    I like the idea of letting it run. Fretting over and chasing temps is not fun.

Leave a comment:

• HawkerXP
    replied
    PBC, PBC, PBC!

Leave a comment:

• Elton's BBQ
    replied
    And chuckies are great to grind up aswell..
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20210919_154542~2.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	1097977 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210919_154237~2.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	1097978
    Last edited by Elton's BBQ; September 21, 2021, 12:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• holehogg
    replied
    I have no luck finding decent Brisket these parts and Chuck has become the substitute. Just like you, I is, has, are, am, also learning with every burn and agree Chuck is deserving of more recognition.
    We live fire grill Chuck Chops. They can be a tad tougher than some other beef cuts but really tasty.

Leave a comment:

• latenight71
    started a topic Chuck Yeah!

Chuck Yeah!

So, I started smoking beef Chuck for the family and serving pulled beef sammies, salads, beef tacos, machaca . . . whatever works. All but my sometimes veggie, pasta princess daughter is on board and they love it. I basically run the same program as pork butt with a modified rub and I haven't had a failure yet. I dry brine as long as I have before cook, do a light coat of yellow mustard and coat it heavily with rub. I've been using the BBBR but found myself lacking needed spices the last few cooks so have modded up my own here and there. What I've come up with is a scrambled BBBR and Memphis Dust. It really has come out great each time and I don't know why I haven't been cooking more Chuck instead of the time and worry of cooking brisket.

So ya know - I cook on a PBC and I have been playing with letting it rip and walking away lately and results have been much better than the times I continue to fret and pull lid to over check temps. I am happy to leave the Chuck going unseen for a good 7 hours from start time no problem. As long as the fire is hot I don't lift.

But I tell you, Chuck something to get after if you haven't run it. So Chucking good!

Just some cents or two from someone who knows little but learns lots every burn.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here