Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baby Backs and Beef Tenderloin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baby Backs and Beef Tenderloin

Hey guys, thought I'd see if anyone has any tips for me on my cook today. I'm gonna smoke 4 racks of baby backs and 1 whole beef tenderloin on my 18.5" WSM (gotta eat well, it's the first football Sunday of the year). In the past I've typically done my tenderloins on my gas grill and usually get good results, but figured I'd give it a shot with the ribs on the smoker. I normally do my ribs on the top rack but thought maybe today it would be better to throw them on the bottom so I can put the tenderloin right on top a couple hours in. Most of my cooks have been pretty basic, usually just one food at a time so if anyone has any tips I would appreciate it.

I would think that your only major concern would be to keep the ribs from dripping on the beef or visa-versa. I am not familiar with the WSM so this is true ignorance speaking! Good Luck & Enjoy the Game, Dan

Comment

Thanks for the reply Dan, that is one of my concerns. I know in one of Meatheads articles I read in the past he talked about what meats he will put above others, I just haven't found it again yet.

Comment

Just found it, Meathead recommends pork on top of beef so that's the plan

Comment

Hmmm... Meathead and many others say that smoking beef tenderloin is not a pleasurable flavor profile. I rarely add any smoke flavor to any steak.

However... Meathead also says "there are NO rules in the kitchen or bedroom" so I hope you enjoy your smoked tenderloin.😎

Comment

I won't be putting the tenderloin in until about 2 hours into the rib cook and I'll be done with smoke by then

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here