Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st time pastrami

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st time pastrami

So last weekend I decided to try my hand at pastrami. The week prior, I portioned a whole packer brisket into three pieces and used the point to brine for corned beef. When it was done, I seasoned it up and let it sit for a couple days in the fridge.

Then on Sunday morning it went in the smoker. It finished up around 6:30 that evening and I let it rest for about hours prior to slicing. The rest of the week, we've been having lots of Reuben sandwiches. This weekend I'll be doing another with the last half of the flat that has been brining all week. Not a bad turnout and hoping for some more to come!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210829_081707.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	1087174Click image for larger version

Name:	received_426102255503215.jpeg
Views:	227
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	1087175Click image for larger version

Name:	received_574730567043060.jpeg
Views:	231
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	1087176Click image for larger version

Name:	20210829_204201.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	1087177

Looks awesome, well done! Be careful, though - I get more requests for pastrami than anything else from my friends and family. It seems to be addictive.

Comment

• kizeroy
      kizeroy commented
      Editing a comment
      I can see how. It sure makes for some good eatin'!

Man, homemade pastrami is untouchable. Looks great, strong work, man.

Comment

Doggone, that looks excellent!

Comment

Nicely done. Cannot beat a good reuben!

Comment

Looks great. Congrats!

Comment

Looks great! What recipe did you use?

Comment

• kizeroy
              kizeroy commented
              Editing a comment
              I used both the corned beef and pastrami recipes here on the site.

Whats in the brine, if I can ask? Never tried to brine my brisket. Looks AWESOME!

Comment

• pkadare
              pkadare commented
              Editing a comment
              There's an awesome recipe on the free side.

• kizeroy
              kizeroy commented
              Editing a comment
              Correct. I used the recipes found here.

Very nice.

Comment

Rubin, Rubin I've been thinking
              What a fine sandwich you should be.

You done good.

Comment

kizeroy AWESOME JOB! That looks fantastic!! And first time, I am impressed

Comment

How on earth did you make it last a week!

Comment

• kizeroy
                    kizeroy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It was tough, but wanted to try and enjoy it as long as possible. Next one goes on tomorrow!

Beautiful Pastrami! I need to do that again soon. Never did the point either, so maybe I need to change that.

Comment

That looks great my friend! Nice job and will have to try (never have tried one before).

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here