Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st time pastrami

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kizeroy
    commented on 's reply
    I used both the corned beef and pastrami recipes here on the site.

• pkadare
    commented on 's reply
    There's an awesome recipe on the free side.

• smoken
    replied
    Whats in the brine, if I can ask? Never tried to brine my brisket. Looks AWESOME!

Leave a comment:

• Sid P
    replied
    Looks great! What recipe did you use?

Leave a comment:

• Draznnl
    replied
    Looks great. Congrats!

Leave a comment:

• DavidNorcross
    replied
    Nicely done. Cannot beat a good reuben!

Leave a comment:

• Mosca
    replied
    Doggone, that looks excellent!

Leave a comment:

• kizeroy
    commented on 's reply
    I can see how. It sure makes for some good eatin'!

• DogFaced PonySoldier
    replied
    Man, homemade pastrami is untouchable. Looks great, strong work, man.

Leave a comment:

• Joey877
    replied
    Looks awesome, well done! Be careful, though - I get more requests for pastrami than anything else from my friends and family. It seems to be addictive.

Leave a comment:

• kizeroy
    started a topic 1st time pastrami

1st time pastrami

So last weekend I decided to try my hand at pastrami. The week prior, I portioned a whole packer brisket into three pieces and used the point to brine for corned beef. When it was done, I seasoned it up and let it sit for a couple days in the fridge.

Then on Sunday morning it went in the smoker. It finished up around 6:30 that evening and I let it rest for about hours prior to slicing. The rest of the week, we've been having lots of Reuben sandwiches. This weekend I'll be doing another with the last half of the flat that has been brining all week. Not a bad turnout and hoping for some more to come!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210829_081707.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	1087174Click image for larger version

Name:	received_426102255503215.jpeg
Views:	230
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	1087175Click image for larger version

Name:	received_574730567043060.jpeg
Views:	234
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	1087176Click image for larger version

Name:	20210829_204201.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	1087177

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here