Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rib Eye Roast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rib Eye Roast

3# Rib Eye roast- recommendations on how long to cook it, and how long to "salt brine". I assume reverse searing is the way to go?

You have entered the right place. On the free side:
    How To Cook Perfect Prime Rib, Tenderloin, And Other Beef Roasts (amazingribs.com)

Live Long and BBQ

Comment

• lemayp
      lemayp commented
      Editing a comment
      Beat me to it...

I still follow the guide at https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...r-beef-roasts/. Hasn't failed me yet...

Comment

Welcome from Western Massachusetts. 1st guidance, do not cook by time but by internal temperature. Do you have a good digital thermometer like a Themoworks Smoke? I'm shooting for an IT of 135 on a rib roast. I'd brine overnight.
      A couple of questions to answer further.

What are you cooking on and your method to cook? And we love pictures!

EDIT; Oh these post above me are showoffs. Giving you real data.
      Last edited by RichieB; August 22, 2021, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

You have good info above.

Comment

What are you cooking the roast on?
          That will determine everything.
          But in general 225* indirect than reverse sear. and you should be good to go.

figure on 3 and a half hours

Dry brine 24hrs. If you have the time.
          But also pay attention to the rub. If it has salt in it use that as the dry brine.

Comment

My go to is Sucklebusters Texas 1836 dry rub for 4-6 hours before putting the roast on the grill.
            Right out of the fridge and onto the grill with a few shakes of my dry rub for good measure.
            Smoke in the 275-300 range, cook times vary 2.5-4 hours.
            I like to flip the meat every 45 mins or so to help with doneness.
            Optimum inside temp for rare is 130, personally I take mine into the 140's, everyone just likes it better.
            Good luck.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Thank you all for your suggestions, I appreciate them.

Comment

Welcome from St. Cloud, FL.

Use a good internal thermometer and don't forget that you will get a little carryover cooking.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here