Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beginner Stall question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beginner Stall question

New poster .. and beginner in the art of smokin'. First the details ... BGE, Applewood smoke, 6# choice flat, flat is 3.5" at thickest, maintaining 225° to 250°, been on the smoker for about 2.5 hours. Internal temp is nearing 150°. Following Meatheads Texas Brisket recipe and wondering if I could be hitting the stall this early in the game. Thanks for letting me ask a newbie question.
    Attached Files

The meat will come up to stall temp pretty quick, but I would let it ride for a little bit at the stall, before you wrap it up. Just to make sure you get some good color and bark before you wrap.

You can let it sit in the stall for an hour or two with out an issue. If you are cooking prime, you can let it go even longer, if not, wrap it when it hits about 165-170.

Good luck and let us know how it goes. If you have any more questions, just let us know!

Comment

Great advice. Thank you very much!!!!!

Comment

Welcome to the pit!

Comment

Originally posted by SCA View Post
          Great advice. Thank you very much!!!!!
          No problem!

Comment

Hello from NW Oregon.

Comment

Welcome from St. Cloud, FL.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

Welcome from Wisconsin. Glad you could join us!
                    Spinaker is spot on with his advice in my opinion, so I have nothing to add other than we'd sure love to see a picture or two of the finished product.

Comment

The BGE will hold steady for a really long time. Based on the time of your first post this may be too late. Make sure you’ve developed good bark prior to wrapping, if time permits. The wrap wi soften the bark.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome from Chicagoland.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here