Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kosher Bacon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kosher Bacon?

Bacon that is fit for the Kosher diet. In doing a little research before trying to make bacon DIY at home I found this on Youtube.
    How To Make Beef Bacon! - YouTube

Apologies if I offended anyone with my now deleted comment. Just sharing a funny, related anecdote from a friend. Going forward I will be mindful that anyone can be offended by anything, and I will post, or not, accordingly.
    Last edited by CaptainMike; August 5, 2021, 09:20 AM.

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      FireMan Meh, not worth the effort to explain. Pretty tame on it's own, and not even close to many comments that go unchallenged here in the forum. Sign of the times, and the changing personality of the Pit, I suppose.

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Who you callin a changing personality? Huh? 🤨

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      I am so offended, I think, my comment was also deleted.
      Birds of a feather?
      Happy grilling to you and PBR too

You might try turkey bacon. Yeah, I know.

Comment

Jumbo shrimp?

Little big man?
      Last edited by FireMan; August 5, 2021, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Interesting, When I was on vacation in central Florida a few years back. I noticed all of the grocery markets had Beef Bacon. I bought some to try it, and it was definitely tasty. Had a really different texture and fell apart instead of staying in strips. Would I eat it again? Yup. Would I purchase it again? Probably not.

Comment

• FireMan
          FireMan commented
          Editing a comment
          My kinda guy. Eat it but won’t pay fer it.

• bbqLuv
          bbqLuv commented
          Editing a comment
          DItto FireMan

• JohnPaul
          JohnPaul commented
          Editing a comment
          You have to draw a line in sand on some things.

RE: Smoking a packer cut. Is there a downside to separating the flat from the point in advance of cooking, while cold and easier to handle; then tying the point to the thinner end of the flat? This would provide a larger mass than 2 smaller pieces. I plan to slice the flat and make burnt ends with the point.

Comment

• rickgregory
          rickgregory commented
          Editing a comment
          I can't think of a downside. I'm not sure there's an upside to tying them back together, though, aside from perhaps protecting the part of the flat that's connected to the point

Kosher................go to the kill floor at a kosher kill plant.......eating pork bacon would be the least of their worries.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here