Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

holding a chuck roast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RustyHaines
    commented on 's reply
    Certainly was some meat eating goin' on at your place ! Good job and thanks for sharing.

• SmokingSteve
    replied
    I have to agree with your assessment of the "done good"!

Leave a comment:

• ChiefK
    replied
    Thank you all for the advice, I bought my first smoker in April, so I'm just starting to learn.

Anyway, I pulled the chuck at 192, doublecwrapped in butcher paper and stashed it in a 170 degree oven until the pork butt was finished (about 4 hours).

Our guests arrived about 10 minutes after I shredded the pork, had a couple shastas on the patio before it was time to eat. Sliced the chuck at the table. The foil in the photo is from the pan of pulled pork to prevent flies, the beef didnt last long enough to cover. Guests raved about both the chuck and the pork. 8 lb butt and a 3 lb chuck among 9 of us and we didnt have leftovers, so I guess I did ok.

Thanks again guys
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• bbqLuv
    commented on 's reply
    @FireMan
    Last edited by bbqLuv; August 1, 2021, 09:36 PM.

• DavidNorcross
    replied
    Let us know how it goes for you. Yes, every piece of meat is different. Keeps us honest.

Leave a comment:

• Draznnl
    commented on 's reply
    FWIW, I agree with HawkerXP

• FireMan
    replied
    The bird is the word! Yup.

Leave a comment:

• ChiefK
    commented on 's reply
    @HawkerXP
    Thank you. Guess I'm going to have to hold it for a few hours😂😂. darned ol' cows anyway😂😂

thanks again, for the info

Jeff

• HawkerXP
    replied
    I wouldn't let it get to the 200* unless you want to pull it. To slice, I'd probe around at 190* and if not hard, pull off heat, wrap and put in your oven.

Leave a comment:

• ChiefK
    started a topic holding a chuck roast

holding a chuck roast

I'm smoking a 3 lb chuck today, for dinner tonight, having a little get together with friends. according to my notes, the last one I cooked took 11 hours, because of a long stall, and we finally ate when it hit 198 internal.

Today, its at 185, six hours in! Hardly any stall. I was going to slice it like brisket. Should I wrap in butcher paper and stash in the oven at 170 degrees until the guests arrive? Should I let it roll until it hits 200 internal, wrap it and stick in a cooler? if anyone is on today with advice, that would be great😂😂

Or, it'll just be another experiment😂😂😂

Thanks,
    Jeff

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here