Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kobe brisket pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kobe brisket pictures

This is truly spectacular. I am in awe.

Mosca, that looks fantastic!

Comment

Man, that thing looks juicy!! Great job!

Comment

That is awesome. It takes some serious wet-aging for me to even get close to that oil slick.

Comment

• CandySueQ
          CandySueQ commented
          Editing a comment
          That's the wagyu difference! SRF ages their briskets before freezing too.

I cooked 2 Angus Briskets at last weekend's competition. One was wet aged 3 weeks longer than the other. It was amazing the difference between the two. I'm back to SRF gold on 9/11-12

• Jerod Broussard
          Jerod Broussard commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, my wife still talks about two Choice I wet-aged, I think 43 days. CandySueQ

• Papa Bob
          Papa Bob commented
          Editing a comment
          CandySueQ do you cook your SRF wagu any different than lets say a prime because I wasn't really impressed with the wagu I cooked last weekend it tasted great but didn't think was much better than the prime I bought from creek stone 1 mo. ago I have another wagu in the freezer that I am going to cook at my first KCBS cook in Sacramento ca on Sept. 19 had some judge friends (I am a CBJ) come over to judge me for a test cook did ok. but if you could give me any help on comp Q would definitely appreciate it

Pass the Brisket and the Biscuts Please. Dan

Comment

Yummy yum yum.

Kathryn

Comment

Good job, Mosca ! I bet that's some great tasting beef right there.

Comment

Lookin' good, Mosca! Great job!

Comment

The best part for me is today, when I bring it to work, and everyone says they can't believe how tender it is, how flavorful, how fantastic.

And by the way: the bbq sauce is good on it, the Texas mop sauce is good on it, the Carolina mustard sauce is good on it... but the hot ticket is Secretariat sauce.

Comment

That horsey stuff is some kind of wonderful on beef -- ANY beef!

Comment

It's worth the price at least once in everyone's life.
                    If not once a year.

Comment

• Mosca
                      Mosca commented
                      Editing a comment
                      For me it's not the money (although I'm not made of it), it's the time. I just don't have it. I never get 2 days in a row off, except for vacation. So I'll do a couple briskets a year. And if that's the case, they might as well be good ones.

Mosca .

Nice cook... That brisket looks fantastic.

Comment

What is the longest you gals/guys have aged a brisket in the CRYO-VAC. I've got a Prime Brisket in my fridge now that has been chilling for coming up on three weeks now. How long do you think I could go while still being in the safe zone? I want to go as long as I can.

Comment

• Papa Bob
                        Papa Bob commented
                        Editing a comment
                        ya got to know the pack date that is the real start time

• Spinaker
                        Spinaker commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Gotcha, The pack date is on the label, So how long after the pack time? Thanks!! Papa Bob

• Huskee
                        Huskee commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I believe Jerod Broussard has gone 43 days? I think the most common time frame is about 28ish from pack date. I went ~21 days the one and only time I wet aged, so I cannot give an honest comparison between timeframes.

43 is my max. Both had small spots of contamination on the points that GREW exponentially!!

They smelt "gud" too.

Wish I could age EVERY brisket that long.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here