Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philly Cheese Ribs with Poblano Grande

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Philly Cheese Ribs with Poblano Grande

It was just an experiment, but the way it came out I had to share.

I slow smoked 4 Walmart riblet half-racks after brining with coarse kosher for an hour. I removed the skin from that side first. I seared over the direct 1/3 of my Weber kettle for just a moment. I sautéed white onion. I poured the onion on the cut ribs, covered with shredded cheddar and micro'd for 30 seconds. (sorry - no Cheez Whiz in the house LoL)

Meanwhile, back in the kitchen...

I blackened giant polbanos under the gas broiler on high then peeled - it takes just a few minutes. I stuffed with basmati brown rice and cajun-seasoned great northern beans. 50/50 mix.

Flavor City! The two dishes worked really well together, and I'll do this a lot now. It's a simple dish that comes together fast at the end - I recommend you try it and find ways to make it your own and share! (I keep the riblets in the house, actually, because they are safe for my lady Boxer, Bella...)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Philly Cheese Steak Riblets.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	133.5 KB
ID:	1059346
    Oh yeah, and sprinkled some parma... why have I never seen Philly Cheese Ribs?

Looks, sounds good, will give this a try soon. Did you season the riblets with anything other than the course kosher?
    Fresh stuffed poblanos are the best..

Comment

• JGo37
      JGo37 commented
      Editing a comment
      No I didn't. I thought about but couldn't come up with or remember a taste added to the sandwiches at Geno's or Pat's. I used a TBSP of neutral oil for the onions too.

Is that paired with PBR?
    You Done Good!
    My Amazing Rib friend! Thank you for the post and Picture.

Comment

• JGo37
      JGo37 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm in STL so, it's Busch. I don't drink American lager much, PBR would be in there too, with Coors. I guess it depends on whose Country I'm listening to. I cook with Bud though, so Bud is good for something.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here