Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brisket moist but needs more flavor and harder crust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brisket moist but needs more flavor and harder crust

My brisket is typically moist because I smoke it then move it it the oven for overnight cooking...very moist but the bark gets mushy and regardless of me thinking I'm over seasoning the outside...still don't have the flavor I'm looking for...more salty...thoughts?

I use the dry brining technique found here on AR.com and Meathead's Big Bad Beef Rub. The flavor is awesome. As far as the crust goes, I posed that very question yesterday. I have a brisket in the smoker now and will follow the advice I was given and wrap in foil at 175°, well after the stall.

Comment

• David Parrish
      David Parrish commented
      Editing a comment
      Dave you should link him to your thread.

• Virginia Dave
      Virginia Dave commented
      Editing a comment
      Umm. How do I do that?

• David Parrish
      David Parrish commented
      Editing a comment
      Just copy the thread link and post it here. If you hit the "Advanced Editor" button which looks like a capital A, then click the chain link icon from the list of advanced options, you can even describe the link.

Here's an example of a link with custom description:

Check out the best looking guy in the forum

Comment

• boftx
      boftx commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks like I gotta start wearing hip-waders on a regular basis when I visit this site now.

• David Parrish
      David Parrish commented
      Editing a comment
      You're one to trash on trash talk

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here