Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Injecting brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Injecting brisket

When do I inject my brisket, before or after dry brining?

After

Comment

The morning that I am going to start smoking it?

Comment

Inject with a salty solution the night before. Don't dry brine, you'll add too much salt.

Comment

What Jerod said, especially with Butcher's BBQ Brisket Injection, which is quite salty but delicious.

That said, if I use my own low-sodium homemade beef broth, I dry brine overnight then inject not long before putting it in the smoker.

Kathryn

Comment

• fzxdoc
            fzxdoc commented
            Editing a comment
            Murdy , I use homemade beef broth to which I have added some of Butcher's BBQ phosphate, which is their secret moisture-retaining ingredient. It's in their Brisket and also in their Prime Brisket Injection/Marinades. But because those marinades both contain so much salt, I prefer to add the phosphate myself to my own beef broth. Here's the link to the phosphate alone: https://www.butcherbbq.com/product-page/bbq-phosphate

HTH,
            Kathryn

• LibertyJayHawk
            LibertyJayHawk commented
            Editing a comment
            Kathryn,
            How much phosphate do you add?
            Thanks for the insight

• fzxdoc
            fzxdoc commented
            Editing a comment
            LibertyJayHawk , I mix 1/4 cup Butcher's BBQ phosphate to 2 cups beef broth. I seldom use the whole 2 cups though. Usually a cup or a little more is plenty.

Kathryn

fzxdoc Thanks, I'll check out that phosphate stuff. I'm supposed to reduce salt for medical reasons.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here