Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flank Steak with Teriyaki Sauce on the Genesis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flank Steak with Teriyaki Sauce on the Genesis

Hi everyone, I didn't find this recipe so I though I'd share it.

Last weekend, I made my first flank on my Genesis, and despite the simple recipe, it was a huge success, so I thought I'd share it :-)

I started with a 900g (2 pound) flank from the fridge. After defrosting it in the fridge, I applied a little salt and brown sugar. After 15 minutes, I applied some Teriyaki sauce to both sides and let it rest for 90 minutes in the fridge, turning it over twice to get the sauce better distributed to both sides. After that, it got out of the fridge for another 30 minutes to warm up.

I heated the Genesis to about 520°F (270°C) with all burners and turned the right one off at the destination temperature.

Searing went as follows: 90-90-90-90, flipping the meat over after the second time, with 45° between the sears on the same side.

The result was a surprisingly even brown layer = lots of flavour :-)

The core temperature at the coldest spot was 120°F, I heated it indirectly for a target temperature of 136°F (my wife insisted). 132°F would have been my preference, but 136° was a compromise for my wife's wellbeing. Setup: Left burner to minimum, and I put a thing stainless grate on the right side of the grill. It took less than 10 minutes to finish.

The result was so well that the better half only regretted not having more people over for dinner, so we could present this to them. We will definitely repeat this recipe in the near future :-)

Best regards,

Detlev

I would Eat at your BBQ, Dan

Comment

Congrats on a great cook!

Comment

Looks great! Gave me an idea for tomorrow....

Comment

Wow, top_gun_de , that flank steak looks tasty indeed! Kudos on such a good cook!

Kathryn

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here