Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which chuck would you cook if you could cook a chuck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rickgregory
    replied
    Right one if I'm smoking it. I like the marbling flecked throughout.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    replied
    I'd braise th LH one as a Roast, due to less interstitial marbelin, smoke th RH one to as close to perfecktion as my limited abilities will allow....

As a side note, th twain of em, ground together, would, most likely, make fer some dang dang good burgesas...

Wha??? Trim??? Trim Wha??? Fat???

Gasp!

Phewwwwwww...............

>Breathe In,...............Breathe out, .....Think bout how wonderful puppies smell, warm Summer rain, an even how a Dolphin's kisses feels..........<
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; June 19, 2021, 10:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• smokin fool
    replied
    I usually cook in pairs but agree with above, the left....

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    replied
    Left one

Leave a comment:

• Dalmore
    started a topic Which chuck would you cook if you could cook a chuck?

Which chuck would you cook if you could cook a chuck?

Click image for larger version

Name:	2chucks.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	197.1 KB
ID:	1047264

I cooked them both, is that cheating?

Anyway, I am wondering which of these two you would pick to cook as a roast and why? Trying to get better at picking meats.

My pre-cook thoughts were that I like the marbling on the right but it's got that very pronounced sinew which I fear will be tough. No pronounced sinew on the left, maybe some fat that I should have trimmed but minimal marbling. I thought the one on the left would be the most tender and juicy coming off the grill. This photo is post 18-bour dry brine.

I'll post my observations on the cook a little later after I read some tips and observations about the two cuts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here