Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Tried a Vegas Strip Steak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Tried a Vegas Strip Steak?

I made fajitas last night from two 12 oz trimmed cuts of the Vegas Strip Steak. The taste was amazing. Like a flatiron but even more tender.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	article-2515929-19BAD9AC00000578-629_634x343.jpg
Views:	363
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	1046196

I used a fajita rub on the steaks and seared them on a super hot grill, using a 20 second flip, flip, flip, etc. method until they came up to 130° internal. Sliced across the grain. Served with sliced and sauteed poblanos, jalapenos, green sweet peppers, and onions to which I added a fajita sauce. The meat and veggies were layered onto a flour tortilla and doctored (or not) at our whim. So good.

I need to buy more of these steaks.

No photos because I didn't expect the meal to turn out quite so spectacularly delicious. Sorry about that. Next time.

Any other Vegas Strip Steak fans out there?

Kathryn

The finished product pic isn't showing.......?

Comment

Hmmm. Only one photo, of a butcher showing the cut of meat. That's not showing, HawkerXP ?

Edited to add: Oh, I just noticed the wink. You devil.

K.
      Last edited by fzxdoc; June 16, 2021, 05:57 AM.

Comment

I've had both the vegas and flat iron and found the taste, texture and look all were pretty much the same. Around my area the Vegas cut is really hard to find because most people don't know what it is and our butchers don't spend the time to remove it very often.

Comment

Dadof3Illinois , I watched the butcher trim up these two Vegas Strip steaks for me, and she did it in a flash! It was so much fun to watch her knifework skills.

You're right in that it tastes a lot like flatiron, which is also a favorite of ours. But this particular Vegas cut was so tender--more so than the flatiron steaks I'm able to source around our neck of the woods.

Kathryn

Comment

fzxdoc Yea, I've had some awesome flat irons and some that were pretty tough. I personally don't think you could go wrong with either of these cuts and would prefer them over a skirt or flank steak any day!!!

Comment

• fzxdoc
              fzxdoc commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree one thousand percent. Skirt and flank steaks, while traditional, don't make as good fajitas, for example, at least to my taste buds.

Kathryn

Never heard of it. Will put it on the must try list. Thanks!

Comment

I haven't seem it in Minnesota. Hmm..

Comment

Interesting. Seems kinda like a tri tip?

Comment

A new cut may have to give it a try paired with PBR. Enjoy
                "Vegas Strip" steak could be beef industry's jackpot - Bing video
                Last edited by bbqLuv; June 16, 2021, 08:03 PM.

Comment

uhhhh. ISTR vegas strip steaks are from cows rather than steers? ba da boom!

Comment

The meal you put together sounds amazing!

Comment

I have a houseful of family coming in this week for Father's Day, staying 10 days or so. I went back to the butcher shop yesterday and scored 6 more Vegas Strips for a reprise of my easy fajita dinner for one of the nights. It will give me a chance to see if this batch of steaks is as flavorful and tender as the two I seared up for our first try with them.

I'll report back.

Kathryn

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here