Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Picanha on the SNSK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picanha on the SNSK

Cooked on the cool side for about 2 hours at 275, pulled at an IT of 125 and used the cold grate sear method. Don't know if it was the Porter Road Picanha, the method or the SNSKettle, but this was delicious. Maybe a little of each. May have seared a little to long but the bark was great. I know the fat cap can be off putting to some, but you need to take a small bite, it'll melt in your mouth. Served with a side of Pinquito beans. Click image for larger version  Name:	fullsizeoutput_5fc.jpeg Views:	36 Size:	3.88 MB ID:	1040510Click image for larger version  Name:	fullsizeoutput_5fb.jpeg Views:	36 Size:	4.46 MB ID:	1040512Click image for larger version  Name:	Scan.jpeg Views:	39 Size:	46.1 KB ID:	1040511
    Last edited by wrgilb; June 4, 2021, 10:09 AM.

Great Work!

Comment

I like what I’m lookin’ at !!!!

Comment

Looks good from here. I have learned from experience that when I sear something to actually time it (75-120 seconds) on each side.

Comment

Lookin' good!

Comment

Looks great! This is a cut of meat I've not found or cooked yet, but need to.

I love my SNSK too (I am assuming you are talking the kamado here and not the kettle). I've had great results using it in kamado mode and in SNS mode. Heck - I've been using it for direct grilling a lot, with the fire in the bottom, the upper charcoal grate for close searing, and the main and elevated grates for direct grilling above a live fire. It's as close as I will get to having a Santa Maria style grill I imagine.
            Last edited by jfmorris; June 4, 2021, 08:20 AM.

Comment

• wrgilb
              wrgilb commented
              Editing a comment
              jfmorris Hi Jim, I don't have the kamado, it's the kettle, sorry I didn't make that clear. I just saw your post about Yvonne and am so sorry to hear about what happened. Stay strong and know that you and Yvonne are in our prayers daily.

The only thing missing is me!
            I would pair that with PBR

Comment

• wrgilb
              wrgilb commented
              Editing a comment
              All I had was Shiner Bock.

• jfmorris
              jfmorris commented
              Editing a comment
              wrgilb I'll take Shiner Bock any day over PBR!

So good!

Comment

That looks amazing. Looking to doing my first picanha tomorrow night on my Weber smokerfire. This is great inspiration.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here