Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoked Oxtail Stew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked Oxtail Stew

A friend of mine, of Jamaican descent, recently posted on FB a pic of his smoked oxtail stew. Yep, smoked oxtail.

After talking to him, I discovered he smoked the oxtail at low heat and then made a traditional oxtail stew with the smoked bits. Served over coconut peas and rice, it was a hit with his foodie guests. Of course he added some heat in the Jamaican tradition.

Here in SoFla, oxtail is not cheap. At least it isn't as cheap as one can find in other parts of the US.

If you can find oxtail in your region, consider smoking it and then making a stew.

Smoked Oxtail Stew has been on my mind for several weeks! I think I'm going to make some on Memorial Day weekend.

Comment

Love me some rice and peas with ox tail.
      Like you ox tail is hard to find locally so I have to go to Jamaican diners/jerk huts for a fix.

Comment

Sounds awesome!

Comment

Do love me some smoked and then braised oxtail. Like you mentioned though, its getting more and more expensive. I used to be able to get cheap as dirt at russian/eastern euro stores or asian supermarkets but now even those places have gotten much more expensive.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here