Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shorties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shorties

Some purdy short ribs about 3 hrs into a slow smoke with apple and cherry wood. I'm trying to perfect bark and I've been inspired by PaulstheRibList to try two spice rubs. Three ribs have Oaf's Beef Rub, two have only cracked pepper, both were dry brined over night. Current Kettle temp is 255 since I just opened it to put more wood in, it's been running around 240 for most of the day. Current rib temp is 160, I'll post more pics as I progress.

PS: The smokies in the background were incredible in those wraps you see with cheese.
    PPS: Day beers are the best.

Looking great, Oaf. Some really nice looking ribs there.

Comment

Day beers rock! Glad to know it's an international thing. I mean, besides Ireland.

Comment

Love It Love It! Don't keep us in suspense, tell us how great they were! And pics!

Comment

Attached is the final product, both were delicious, but I prefer the plain pepper texture and flavour to the rubbed version. The peppered ribs were more about the beef and had a drier texture, which I prefered. I also mixed HP sauce 2:1 with malt vinegar for a finishing glaze, it was really nice and added some finishing tang without too much sugar (I'm an acid guy). These were sent to rib heaven in short order......

Comment

• Medusa
            Medusa commented
            Editing a comment
            Rib heaven - I like that!

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here