Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beef Cheeks, how should I cook them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beef Cheeks, how should I cook them?

I bought a 7.5 lb. cryopak of beef cheeks. How should I cook them? I have several pits/options - LSG AGS, LSG offset, kamados, and charcoal grills. That gives me fuel options from splits to lump to briquettes.

What is your favorite approach and seasoning. It is my first time to cook them. I have watched a few youtubes but I am interested in hearing from my friends here.

Never have prepared this recipe but have to believe it is amazing

The beef cheek is incredibly tender and full of flavor. It’s marbled with fat and has a richness like no other cut of beef.

Comment

Every BBQ story I’ve seen about them on TV suggests low and slow.

Comment

• rickgregory
      rickgregory commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep. Smoke (you will likely need got wrap to keep the from drying out but YMMV) or braise them. Killer tacos. Mmm... tacos...

My wife just slaps ‘em. Works for me...

Comment

Check out Texas 2.5 on YouTube.
      smokes some beef cheeks on an LSG IVC
      informative

Comment

Don’t ferget to give em a little squeeze before ya put em down. Always squeeze the cheeks, yessir!

Comment

Check out my latest post on how to make Barbacoa using beef cheeks. Low and slow smoke/braise.

Homage to the Taco Chronicles – The Series – Tacos de Barbacoa de Res There are a lot of culinary words and described techniques of cooking that are simply misnomers. French fries and French toast are hardly French inventions. Strawberries are not berries at all. Danish pastries don’t come from Denmark, I could go on and

Comment

Hard to go wrong with beef cheeks. I like to SPG dry brine overnight then cook to tender with plenty of smoke on the little COS.
            Then braise them in your fave ragout sauce until they pull apart with a spoon.
            Serve it as you please, with a side of rice, poured over steamed vegies or just with buttered bread.
            So many choices and I have always found them very forgiving to the abuse I often inflict to perfectly innocent meat.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here