Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brisket Burgers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skip
    replied
    Sounds Great pkadare ! If only we lived closer. I'd bake some buns and bring the chips.

Leave a comment:

• JeffJ
    replied
    Ground brisket makes very good burgers.

Leave a comment:

• Texas Larry
    replied
    Oh, yeah! I recently ground a 5 lb point with good fat content into burgers. Outstanding.

Leave a comment:

• smokin fool
    commented on 's reply
    Alright!!!!
    Superstore has them once in a blue moon, Sobey's on 10th Line gets sold out in seconds and Costco is just too much of a PITA on Ridgeway.
    Be safe up there.

• pkadare
    commented on 's reply
    Any time, once we're allowed out of the house. :-) I usually buy packers from Costco which are reasonable or wait until they go on sale. Sobeys has them on sale quite frequently.

• smokin fool
    replied
    Well....you coulda sent that brisket down 115/35 to 401 west here for cooking....
    Price of brisket up here kind of a shame to grind it but if that's your preference when should I be there for burgers.

Leave a comment:

• 58limited
    replied
    Brisket burgers are the best! Try adding some short rib meat next time you make them - over the top.

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    replied
    My local butcher makes that grind for sale all the time. I honestly think it's the best burger mix all around. Fatty, beefy and really moist, exactly what you want in a burger. Thanks for posting PK

Leave a comment:

• pkadare
    commented on 's reply
    Also super awesome as smash burgers! I do a 3 oz ball for each patty with 2 patties per burger. I get an incredible crust on these on my Blackstone.

• marshall
    replied
    Great idea !

Leave a comment:

• Starsky
    replied
    My daughter-in-law bought some from a local butcher as a treat for me and brought them to our house so I could cook them for everyone. I know, still trying to figure out how bringing me meat to cook for them is "treating" me . But I digress. They were awesome! A much more forgiving meat when ground in to burgers as they could take longer grill times without over cooking

Leave a comment:

• Polarbear777
    replied
    If the end of the flat is too thin, it usually gets cut off and used for burgers. If there is a fat cap still, you have enough to get whatever ratio you want.

Leave a comment:

• grantgallagher
    replied
    Lot of YES PLEASE there!

Leave a comment:

• pkadare
    started a topic Brisket Burgers!

Brisket Burgers!

Had a 9 lb brisket flat in the freezer. Pretty sure it was AA (choice for my US friends) that was trimmed far too closely by the butcher and was pretty thin. Since I'm not a huge fan of brisket, what to do? Brisket burgers are awesome, so let's make 11 lbs of ground beef for burgers. I had some beef fat as well so added 2 lbs to get an 80/20 mix. Forming it into balls for smash burgers and patties for regular burgers tomorrow. Should do us for the summer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	brisketburgers1.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	1025876

Name:	brisketburgers2.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	1025875

Name:	brisketburgers3.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	1025874

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here