Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's National Filet Mignon Day #BeefTenderloinSteaks #ReverseSear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's National Filet Mignon Day #BeefTenderloinSteaks #ReverseSear

Snake River Farms sent me an email earlier this week enticing me to splurge on some $90 a pound Gold Waygu Filet Mignon for National Filet Mignon Day.

Well, I was able to hold off on the SRF steaks, but I could not drive past Sams Club today and pick up a whole beef tenderloin.

Sliced her up, did the beautiful Penzy's large grind Black Pepper and Kosher Salt application.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3758.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	234.9 KB
ID:	102501

I took the fat trim, and combined it with two "Ice Cubes" of the rendered fat from one of the Wagyu Briskets I bought from SRF a few months ago, so I could have the proper Beef Love.

Fired up the original charcoal grill, and set up the Reverse Sear.

Name:	IMG_3759.JPG
Views:	109
Size:	277.8 KB
ID:	102504

This is so fun!!! Got the fat ready, got the steaks to a little higher than I would prefer, but our out of town guests are used to Medium Well, so I was aiming for 140-145. They were at about 130 and I pulled them off to a plate and got the high heat coals ready.

Coated with the Beautiful Beef Love....Then the Fire!

Name:	IMG_3760.JPG
Views:	121
Size:	155.9 KB
ID:	102502
    I highly recommend a long spachula and Welding Gloves for this part of the Reverse Sear.

Pulled them all about 138-145.

Name:	IMG_3762.JPG
Views:	113
Size:	169.8 KB
ID:	102503

They were GREAT!

Name:	IMG_3763-180.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	157.9 KB
ID:	102500

I wanted to lap up the plate, but I had mercy and poured it over the dog's food.

Name:	IMG_3764.JPG
Views:	109
Size:	149.7 KB
ID:	102499

#HappyFiletMignonDay
    #YouKnowYouWantOntheRibList

You Rocked #HappyFiletMignonDay!!!

Comment

Sho nuff he rokked!!!!

Comment

Great pics, and that sure looks tasty! I'm glad your dog got to sample some also.

Comment

Proper!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here