Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brisket / Burnt Ends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brisket / Burnt Ends

First off love this forum, best ever!!! I'm cooking a 15 lb prime packer for a party this Saturday. My buddy is smoking 3 Tri-tips and an 8 lb pork butt so between the two of us there will be plenty of meat for the carnivores. I was thinking of making burnt ends for apps to tease the crowd so the question is......Should I separate the flat and point and cook separately or cook whole and separate when I wrap them? They will rest about three hours prior to slicing and I can finish the ends on his smoker so they are "Hot and Fresh" when I serve them. As always thanks in advance for the excellent support.

I have cooked brisket and the burnt ends that friends raved about and no leftovers. I followed Malcolm Reed's video on youtube. Next, I intend to try Matt Pittman's brisket with burnt ends also on youtube.
    Oh no, the fails I've made in BBQ land are mixing up recipes, techniques, time and temp.

You may want to consider making Pork Belly Burnt Ends as an appetizer. And for dessert bacon-wrapped Oreos.
    Happy Grilling to you and PBR too.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      How much PBR did ya use makin em, Brother

Likeys me th Oreos ideal!

ABT’s are always a crowd pleaser too,,,,

Comment

My recommend is semi all but separate em, rub em down heavy, smoke, separate when th flat gits to probe tender, carry on with th point...

Shortly, far wiser folks will be along, to assist ya!

Recent, relevant post that might prove helpful: LINK
      Also, check out Malcom, Myron, Harry Soo, T-Roy, Aaron,etc., usw., decide how ya wanna play it.
      Last edited by Mr. Bones; April 25, 2021, 10:48 AM.

Comment

• Burfman
        Burfman commented
        Editing a comment
        Mr. Bones / bbqLuv thank you both for the direction. I'm going with the Q 39 route. If I understood the video correctly my 12 lb packer should cook in 8 to 10 hrs? I'll probably rest it in the cooler for about 2 to 3 hours. Hope it works out OK. I'll take some pics and try my best to post them.
        Last edited by Burfman; April 29, 2021, 12:44 PM.

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from TN. I normally don't separate the point and flat, but I may next time out. I like Mr. Bones approach.

Comment

Helpful hints, thank you

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here