Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yet Another (Hopefully the last?) Pastrami Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet Another (Hopefully the last?) Pastrami Question

So on Saturday I made another pastrami, again using a store bought corned beef point. This time I smoked all the way to done, as recommended by many of you here. It finished way too late to have for dinner, although I cut 2 small slices for us to taste and we both agreed it was amazing. The flavor was great and it's had that much-sought-after pull-apart texture. I wrapped it tightly in foil and refrigerated it. My question is, what's there best way to reheat it for sammiches while preserving the original quality as much as possible? Sous vide? Microwave? Oven? Skillet? Whole or sliced? I just know that somebody out there has the answer. Please share it! Thanks in advance.

Hmmm, never thought of reheating it. However, a pastrami Rueben panini is one of our favorites.

Comment

I take cold cuts and build a sandwich that I cook covered on a flat top or cast iron pan. By the time the cheese is melted the meat has been heated too.

Comment

• Dewesq55
        Dewesq55 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, thanks. I'm just looking to make a traditional hot pastrami sammich, not a Reuben.

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        Well then just heat it up in a beef broth.

Absolutely steam it.

I slice when cold and then steam the slices. Doesn’t take more than a few min to reheat. Can also do whole but it takes longer to steam and the slices aren’t as neat/clean

Comment

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        I was thinking the same thing, but have never done it. It makes perfect sense.

Modified souls vide. Bring a 6-8 qt pan of water to a low boil. Bag pastrami in ziplock bag getting the air out. Turn pan of water off or to very low simmer. Put bag in for 15 mins. Heats without overcooking or drying out.

Comment

We either do version of Attjack post or simply microwave slices with a wet paper towel on top.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here