Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone make beef tallow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope I'm not remembering wrong, but I think I read that tallow is okay to store at room temp. I keep a quart jar of tallow by my stove and use it as my go to fat to cook garlic and onions as my baked beans base. It gives great flavor to anything one cooks with it. I strain it through sterilized gauze pads and have never had a problem with it going bad or smelling funny.

Comment

I've made small batches of tallow from brisket fat in the past but ran across this product, ordered it and am very pleased. Let someone else do the dirty work.

Comment

• 58limited
      58limited commented
      Editing a comment
      Troutman Where did you find it?

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      58limited Amazon, where else? Let your fingers do the walking !!

• 58limited
      58limited commented
      Editing a comment
      That's what I figured - already have it in my cart. Just wondering if you had found a better deal.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here