Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FEEL LIKE BRISKET TONIGHT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FEEL LIKE BRISKET TONIGHT!

Well actually for din din tomorrow.

Not sure if it was here on a thread that I picked up on the "Lobel’s of New York" brisket with dry rub and mopping sauce, maybe yes/no?

Any hu, I picked up a prime packer from Sams in July last year. 17 lb-6 oz. Price was missed marked as I can’t believe even here a prime during the heat of last summer would have briskies below $3/pound.

I saw a recipe above for briskie and thought what the L, and Y not. Dry rubbed using Lea and Perrins for a binder and had the smoker started @ 9pm. Put the brisket in @ 9:35. Going to mop it every 45 minutes to an hour early on then use the talo that I am rendering for a splash or two till I wrap in in butcher paper that will be smeared with the talo till probe tender.

It’s 11:30 and the lids are already heavy!

Wish Me Luck!

I have a couple of visuals Click image for larger version  Name:	20210327_211238.jpg Views:	101 Size:	2.81 MB ID:	1009579
    the first it is all rubbed down just before it is headed into the smoke

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210327_211219.jpg Views:	106 Size:	2.06 MB ID:	1009580
    and the second one is the beef fat rendering into talo.
    Last edited by Denny O; August 16, 2021, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Sounds like you have a solid plan. Can't wait to see pics of the finished results!

Comment

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        +1

Sorry, I got bombed with work and other, here are the finished pics.
      Attached Files

Comment

It really surprised me that it was already soft butter probing when I thought I should check it @ 192 degrees! Done!! It really turned out to be of the best that I've done over the many years. SWMBO and me (meaning our tummies) were pleased.

Comment

Arsenlael Thanks for the "Like"!

Comment

Nice cook!

Comment

Originally posted by Donw View Post
              Nice cook!
              Thank you very much to all of you Chefs for the likes!
              Actually it ended up being the best I've done to date!
              Last edited by Denny O; August 16, 2021, 08:08 PM.

Comment

• Spinaker
                Spinaker commented
                Editing a comment
                Love to hear this!

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here